I think I mentioned before that I have sort of "adjusted" to a new sleeping style with a newborn. This is true: I've adjusted. I've accepted that my sleep is going to be interrupted, and that's fine. My body has adjusted, too, to some extent. In the beginning, I was tired and achey all the time. I still have lower energy than I'd like, but I'm not sleepy during the day.
I don't really mind feeding Meredith in the middle of the night - she's so sweet. And I don't even have to get out of bed (unless I have to use the facilities). I can usually get one 4-hour stretch from her, then a couple of 2 or 3 hour stretches. This is okay with me, for the most part. And it's not like I have to get up early or anything. I usually get out of bed between 10 am and noon, depending on how she did the night before. This may seem late, but I also go to bed really late (anywhere between 11 and 1). I really would love for Meredith to sleep longer, but I'm kind of against the whole "cry-it-out" thing, and I don't want to use any sleep-training system when she's still so young. I just pray that as she grows, she'll get better. She used to have random 5 or 6-hour stretches. Haven't had one of those for a while!
I was just reading my scrapbook, and my mom wrote that at two months I was sleeping 6-8 hours at night. WHAT? Not fair! My scrapbook also said that I was eating every 3-4 hours during the day. Meredith still eats about every 2 hours! I shouldn't compare me to her... every baby is unique. Still... what would that be like?
Meredith woke up at about 5:00 this morning to eat. She wouldn't go to sleep again for like an hour. But it was so sweet because she just stared at me and smiled. Every time I closed my eyes, she'd wait for me to open them again and then she would break out into this huge grin. I wouldn't trade that for more sleep ever.
Friday, June 27, 2008
Sleep
Scribbled by Kelly at 1:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 Talk to me!:
Awwwww. That is so sweet that she smiles real big when you open your eyes! Can't wait to see her again!
Post a Comment