Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Keeping it real

I'm feeling a little "blah" today, and there's nothing else I want to do except write. This is bad because here are all the things I NEED to do today: finish the laundry, clean the kitchen, vaccuum, call the vet, take a nap, make dinner, etc. etc. etc.

I've noticed something about blogs. Blog authors tend to put their best face forward online, which is completely natural, I suppose. Why blog about the bad stuff? But this gets annoying when you read blog after blog about people and their "perfect" little lives (this isn't directed at anyone specific). Maybe I do the same. But we all know that no one's life is perfect. So let's blog about the crap, too, and keep it real.

Here's my reality: I haven't peed all day, my tummy is sick from not eating anything substantial, and the baby is crying. My hair is gross because I haven't gotten it cut in like a year (I need a good hairdresser!). My house isn't clean, we have medical bills to pay, Jeremy has been working lots of hours on a project for work (from home) so our yard looks like junk, my dog is growing an abscess (sp?) on his head that could cost us about $200+ to get fixed, I just spent $100 at Walmart for a load of groceries that should have cost half that, our monthly health insurance premium is about $500 now, and there are ants on the floor by the basement.

What's your reality?

4 Talk to me!:

Liz said...

Kelly, we all appreciate keeping it real, it makes us feel normal. My reality, the dinner dishes from last night are still on the stove top, I haven't turned on the a/c so we are sweating away and trying to enjoy the "saving money" part, I have had a load of darks in the dryer for 2 days, and I just yelled at Alex for touching the buttons on the TV because that is his entertainment when I'm on the computer.

Reality....Got to love it!

The Mom said...

Reality...my husband hasn't worked in 2 1/2 weeks, I have, I am bitter. I sit at my computer working while he sits on the couch and I just fume inside. My boys fight and I am stumped at how to get them to love each other. Kira has become a spoiled princess and it drives me nuts. I yell at her all the time because I'm not giving in to her "demands". We have no money to get out and do anything, so we sit inside and yell at each other. Trust me, no one wants to read about my reality. I prefer to fake it.

Angie said...

My reality is I'm frustrated at Brooklyn today for not "playing well" at the playgroup today. How silly is that to be mad at a child for not playing well? Because of that I wasn't able to talk with the other ladies (like always) so why did I go? Yeah, so that started me off in a bad mood and I keep yelling at her as she tries to entertain herself while I read blogs. Again, lame!
Plus, I'm so sick of being sick. I haven't yet been excited about having this baby. I'm finally off the good, but horrible side effect medication and my body is rebelling.
We have medical bills rolling in because we took Brooklyn to the ER in April. We finally got on a payment plan, but it still worries me when I can't pay it off. Money always worries me.
I could go on and on...maybe I'll have to write my own post!

nicole said...

Kelly - I love your post. Of course you probably know that since I already did my own rant about people that are fake on blogs...Anyways, I'm worried about your dog, so make sure and write about his little problem!