This post is for Nicole. You're so sweet to worry about my dog! He's fine. He got an abscess somehow above his eye, and it just had to be drained. He had this last year, and it was a lot worse. Last year, they had to insert a drain into his head for about a week, which we then had to have removed. It was so gross! I had morning sickness at the time, and it about killed me to look at him. This time, he just had to be shaved and drained, but they didn't put a drain in - they just lanced it and sent him home. He's on some antibiotics to help prevent infection. It's still gross, but not nearly as bad as last time. We don't know what causes it. There weren't any puncture wounds on his skin, which would have been the likely source of infection... it's a mystery.
Here's some pictures. They're a little blurry, which I guess is good since they are gross.....
Before (they shaved him to check for punctures)
After (just a little head wound....)
Friday, June 20, 2008
Apollo's head
Scribbled by Kelly at 1:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 Talk to me!:
I'm glad he's okay. I consider my two dogs part of our family, so I assume everyone else does too :) My dogs are going through a rough adjustment with our new house - we have a fenced in back yard now and they spend tons of time out there. BUT they are eating all of their poop now that they have access to it, and they are making themselves sick. (sorry for the poop talk, but now that you have a baby, you're probably used to it) Did Apollo ever do this?
Post a Comment