Monday, June 16, 2008

2 months old!



Meredith is two months old today! I seriously cannot believe it. Jeremy and I have sort of found a "groove" in parenting, I think. In the beginning, I didn't know how we could ever adjust to a newborn, but we have! She's the best thing ever.

I had to take her in for her first shots today. It was HORRIBLE. I cried, she cried. She was so happy for the whole checkup until they stuck her. That sucked big time. She's fine now, though!

Meredith's 2-month stats:

She weighs 10 lbs, 8 oz. This puts her in about the 44th percentile for weight. She is gaining really well considering she was small at birth.
She is 22.5 inches long. She's a long, lean baby I think.
She smiles a lot now. I love it!
She "coos" more and more each day. She hasn't broken out with a laugh quite yet, but she's close!
She has a ton of hair! I think some of her top hairs are at least an inch and a half long!
She likes to chomp on her fists.
She breastfeeds really well. I can't say how grateful I am for this!
She'll take a bottle occassionally, but we only use it when we're out and about to calm her.
She likes to play the "tongue" game: if you stick your tongue out at her while she's quiet and alert, she'll eventually stick her tongue back out at you.
I had to fill out a questionnaire at the ped's office, and one of the questions was "How would you describe your baby's personality?" I put "Happy and contented." We are seriously spoiled.

3 Talk to me!:

foreveryoung said...

She is so beautiful and how can she be 2 months old already when I swear only a month of my pregnancy has gone by?! Your co-sleeping post was interesting because we did that with Kylie but not Jayden. I loved snuggling with Kylie in bed, but well after we moved her into her crib I would wake up dilerious all the time in the middle of the night and freak out because I couldn't find her and was worried that I had smothered her. That's when I decided to not do that with Jayden. There's pros and cons with both and I think you should just do what works best for your situation. It sounds like it's been a great experience for you guys, so enjoy it!

Angie said...

She is so cute! I love the new picture on top of your blog! I can't believe how big she is getting already. It goes so fast! I loved watching her smile at Jeremy at church on Sunday. She was just staring at him while he was looking at something and when he finally looked over at her, she got the biggest grin! It was so precious!
I'm glad you figured parenting out so fast. I know we didn't.

Mindy said...

Aww. She is a very cute baby. Enjoy each little phase, they grow up way too fast. So very soon she won't be a baby anymore... and you'll be wanting another one! :)