If you know me well, you know I am nothing if not self-deprecating! In the interest of being true to myself, let me just say: I'm an idiot.
I need to take inventory of my diaper bag. Yesterday was the second time I was grossly (pun intended) unprepared to take care of Meredith's bodily functions. The first time was when I took her to Jeremy's work and had to change her. I only had one diaper left in my bag, and the tab broke! Luckily we found some tape.
Yesterday at church, Meredith pulled her "bulemic" move where she sucks on her fists so hard that she gags herself. She spit up EVERYWHERE. It was kind of funny because I was in the hall, and a random brother in our ward was asking me questions about my delivery. Odd... Saved by the puke! I hightailed it to the mother's lounge to strip her down, only to find that I did not have an extra outfit for her anywhere in my bag. Yikes! She spent the latter third of church naked, wrapped in a blanket. I was able to airdry her onsie enough for her to wear it in the carseat on the way home. It stunk though. Note to self: be more prepared!
To top it all off, I made her throw up again last night, and I knew better! Our ped has us giving her vitamin drops every day to make sure she gets enough vitamin D (babies today sometimes don't get enough vitamin D because we aren't taking them out in the sun). I've learned previously that it is a good idea to give her the drops BEFORE she eats so that if she gags, there's nothing much to spit up. Yeah, I gave her the drops AFTER a big feeding last night. Not smart. Spit up all over me, her, and the couch. Jeremy just laughed.
Yes, I'm an idiot. :)
Sunday, June 22, 2008
FTM idiocy
Scribbled by Kelly at 9:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 Talk to me!:
That is so funny! I was always too prepared. My diaper bag weighed a ton! I had more than I ever needed. And I had extra in car, just in case the 6 diapers and 2 outfits in the bag got used up! LOL
I always feel like the least prepared mom in the world- I always have to borrow diapers or wipes from random moms at Target- Probably because I don't carry a diaper bag :)meredith is getting big- 2 months already- it has gone so fast. Pretty soon she won't be a newborn anymore.
Oh Kelly, you can never be prepared with newborns. They are always pulling something out of their sleeve to throw you off. I know with Alex I would think I had everything you would ever need, but something always happened. Good luck!
I wouldn't say that makes you an idiot! In the beginning I would overpack due to Carter's reflux issues, but it seemed he wouldn't need the extra clothes unless I happened to forget them! It's that way now too, they like to catch you off guard, it's like they know when you are not prepared! :)
Post a Comment