Sunday, June 15, 2008

Mystery

The weirdest thing happened last night/this morning. Background: Our bedroom window looks out onto our backyard, and we sleep with the upstairs windows open at night, so I can often hear the dog out in the backyard. Also, as perfect a dog as Apollo is, he does enjoy chewing on things/ripping things to shreds. Most of the time he sticks to his toys, but he does grab the occasional household oddity.

So I wake up last night to the sound of Apollo crunching something in the backyard. I remember thinking it was a really out-of-the-ordinary crunch. He then came inside and brought the item into our room (he routinely brings toys and such to "bed") and continued crunching. I kicked him out of the room and went back to bed. When I got up this morning, I remembered to look on the floor for whatever it was he'd brough in. There on the middle of the bedroom floor were three EGGS! Only one was cracked, the other two were intact. WEIRD! They didn't come from in the house because 1.) I don't leave eggs lying around and 2.) even if I did, Apollo can't reach the counter to grab stuff.

When I looked out into the backyard, sure enough, there was a pile of yellow styrofoam from an egg carton that he'd shredded. I haven't bought any eggs in yellow cartons lately, so they aren't ours. How on earth does a carton of eggs end up in one's backyard?????

1 Talk to me!:

Angie said...

My guess is someone was out "egging" last night and had to ditch the eggs rather quickly. Your backyard was the lucky backyard. Funny story though!