Thursday, April 3, 2008

Cheating the system

Ha! Today at my weekly appointment, my blood pressure was 120/64! I win!!!! Seriously, I feel like I cheated the system or something. No more worries about anything. I'm perfectly normal. Yes!!!! I did a lot of deep breathing and hypnosis before I went just to be sure I was calm. There was no protein in my urine either. No Pre-E for me!

Of course, the only downside to this is that there's no possibility of being induced early or by my due date. Julie says she needs a medical reason to induce early, which I totally respect. She did go ahead and schedule a 42 week induction for me, in case I go that long (NOOOOO!!!!).... that would be April 29th. That is forever from now! It's so weird to just be sitting around waiting and waiting and waiting and not having a CLUE when anything is going to happen. It's okay though. As much as I'd like to have a baby SOON, I think it's better for the body to just do what it needs to do on its own timetable. She gave me some suggestions to possibly give my body a jumpstart, should it need one. I'm not ready for them until Tues. when I'll be 39 weeks. Last night I had my first "non-painless" contraction. Only one though. Dang it! But my body is gearing up somehow I suppose.

Apparently, I'm having a tall baby. Julie says she feels really "long". That's fine with me! She's not big necessarily, just long. I'm carrying up and down more than out. Interesting...

5 Talk to me!:

Liz said...

Good luck, you look great. I hope everything goes well!

foreveryoung said...

I can't believe you have 12 days to go!!! What an exciting (and nerve-wracking) time! I had a dream about you the other night, you were so cute and pregnant. I wish you could have come to Florida with us, we'll have to plan another girls trip when you're not about ready to pop!

Angie said...

Yeah, that is good news. I'm glad you "tricked the system". Enjoy the last few days/weeks. Do everything you wanted to do before she gets here and keep sleeping when you can.

Mindy said...

Yay! Can't wait to meet her! Good luck!

Rohm Family said...

it's time to get out the trampoline :) I am so excited for you - and jealous- August seems so far away!