Ready for more randomness? Here are the thoughts of an almost-9-months pregnant semi-crazy woman.
1. I'm starting to regret that we have 3 cats. I love them, don't get me wrong, and I would never be able to get rid of them (oh the guilt that would ensue!), but I've about had it with cat hair. I spent Saturday making the guest room perfect for my mom, which involved vacuuming (yes vacuuming) clean sheets, pillows, and comforters. The door to that room shall remain closed at all times from now on! ARGH! I can't throw them outside because two are declawed... I guess I'll just have to be more diligent with the cleaning. Thank goodness for lint rollers. It never has bothered me before, but with a new baby coming, lots of things are chaning!
2. We took Apollo to get his shots on Friday. He was a pin cushion because it's been about a year and a half since he's been. There were lots of big dogs at the vet, dogs with owners who didn't know how to control them. This is annoying to me. If you have a dog, especially a big dog, learn how to handle it. Apollo was so well behaved. He just sat there in the waiting room looking at the other dogs, probably thinking "WHAT is their problem?"
3. I think our country is in BIG trouble if Barak Obama becomes president. I'm no liberal, but I'd so much rather have Hillary for president than Obama. Oh, and this does NOT make me a racist! It's interesting that in some eyes, being anti-Obama is seen as being pro-racist. Anyway, the guy is certainly no patriot, and he doesn't stand for anything concrete. And the whole Reverend Wright controversy? "God-**** America"? You want someone who attends that kind of church running this great nation? Yeah right.
4. I know how to cook, but I frequently screw up when I do. Yesterday I made a half-dish of funeral potatoes to go with dinner, but I forgot to half some of the ingredients. We therefore ate funeral potato soup with dinner.
5. I loved Conference this weekend. I mean, it's good every time, but I really, really enjoyed this one. I think I especially loved Elder Holland's talk about Mormons and Christianity, especially with respect to our belief in continuing revelation. I was so glad he talked about the verse in Revelation about not adding to the Bible. That verse gets thrown around so much in the South when you talk to anyone about Mormons. How can you not believe that God still talks to his people? How sad would it be if he didn't? See, Mormonism just makes sense! :)
6. We watched The Kite Runner this weekend. It was a good movie... I only made it about 1/4 of the way through the book a long time ago, so I'd forgotten some things. Don't see it if you don't like depressing movies. It does have a happy ending, but the whole subject matter is so dark to me. The Taliban is truly, truly evil. It's scary that there is so much pure evil in the world. We are so blessed here in America, it's ridiculous. See #3 above - we need someone running this country who knows how fortunate we are to be Americans!
That's all for now...
Monday, April 7, 2008
Random stuff
Scribbled by Kelly at 12:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 Talk to me!:
The Kite Runner (the book) made me huddle on the floor and weep so I didn't even consider watching the movie.
And I use to work for a vet and I still have the scars from that time I had to help 4 other girls trim the nails of two very large great danes. It involved 3 of us lying on top of them while one held the paw and the other did the trimming.
Kelly, I totally understand about cooking, but frequently messing up. I do it ALL the time. I just have learned not to cook much, haha. Love ya!
I always love your random posts. :) Wow! You are getting so close now. I am so excited for you guys! Make sure to keep us posted when little Meredith decides to come.
Okay, I was laughing about the dog at the vet story, because I think the same thing about kids half the time. I'm either wondering why their kids are so crazy while mine are well behaved, or I'm wondering why my kids are so out of control while everyone else's are sitting so nicely (usually it's the latter one).
Post a Comment