Sunday, April 20, 2008

Check this out

I'm still working on writing up my birth story. BTW, it was awesome.... anyway, breastfeeding is really, really hard, but I am NOT giving up. Having a baby is the BEST thing ever, but man, it changes EVERYTHING!

Here is a picture of me when I was born...



and here is a picture of Meredith...

6 Talk to me!:

Janessa said...

You're right, being a mom is the best. Your whole life is changed forever. I can't wait to hear the whole story. I'm glad it was so awesome. Did you end up going natural? Hang in there with the breast feeding. It always got easier for me (and less sore!) after a few weeks. That may sound like a long time right now, but it's so worth it! That's fun to see your baby picture. You can tell she's deffinitely your daughter. How sweet!

Mindy said...

Aww, she is her mommies girl! I agree with what you said. It seemed like I knew Carter the second I saw him. It is definitely a love that is different than any other love. I wondered how I could ever love another person that much. Just wait til she gives you a kiss or a big hug and calls you mama.Talk about pull your heartstrings. I'm glad that you are enjoying her. They make you wonder how you ever lived before they were alive... fun times.

Rohm Family said...

congrats kelly, she is so pretty- love all that dark hair. I hope everything went great and your hypnobirthing classes prepared you- can't wait to read your birth story. Hang in there with the nursing- it is really hard to nurse a newborn- they are so small and wobbly.

foreveryoung said...

Isn't it cool to see yourself in your baby? I don't see a whole lot of myself in them, being half Chinese and all, but I always love seeing expressions and things that remind me of my baby pictures. I'm definately with you on the nursing issues! Why is it that everything that should be natural really isn't?? I'm so glad that your mom is there to help you (and spoil Meredith rotten :) and I had forgotten that she was a lactation specialist, I'm sure she has some great advice that can help. Thanks so much also for the herb info, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will work this time! Do you know if I need to start taking that stuff now or when I'm nursing? I guess I could always google it...thanks so much and enjoy your beautiful little babe!

Jessica said...

How cute! I haven't checked the blog for a few days thinking you would take some time off but surprise! There were all these pictures! Congrats! She is beautiful!

Angie said...

She does look a lot alike you. So fun! I can't wait to see her in person.