So my mom just left to go to Provo for a few days to be with her family. Jeremy had to go back to work this week, too, so I'm now at home alone with a 2-week-old! Holy crap! How did I get here? It's a little intimidating, but I love it. The house is so quiet!
Meredith is quickly becoming a pro at breastfeeding, and I couldn't be more thankful. I have a renewed faith in the power of prayer and of the priesthood. She couldn't have come around at a better time, either. Feeding with the SNS was a two-person job, and with Jeremy now gone during the day, I was about to freak out. Luckily, she latched so great on Sunday and hasn't stopped. So no worries. I can feed her all by myself! I've learned an awful lot about patience and perserverance. Perhaps that is what Heavenly Father wanted me to know. It was hard getting to this point, but so worth it.
We took Meredith to her two-week checkup yesterday. She now weighs 6 lbs 15 oz (up from 6 lbs 6 oz at birth) and is doing great in all other ways. She's totally happy and healthy, and that is a HUGE blessing. I cannot imagine having a sick child. The first time she gets any illness, I'm going to lose it! BTW, we love love love our pediatrician. Thank you, Mindy, for the recommendation! I took my mom with me to see Dr. Vierra yesterday, and she was so impressed. I'm so lucky to have been able to find such great health care providers!
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
All alone....
Scribbled by Kelly at 1:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 Talk to me!:
she looks so much like a "King"- I can totally see your brother in her!
I agree, she is all you in that picture! I'm so glad things are going so much better, what a cutie!
Post a Comment