Sunday, September 7, 2008

Stinky couches

We HAVE to get our couches cleaned. They are disgusting. We've been talking about it for months. They are so comfy, but the baby has peed and puked on them, etc. etc. etc. I've toyed with the idea of just buying slipcovers, but I don't know that we'll be happy with them, and I'm worried about not finding the right size. Anyway, I've never hired carpet/upholstery cleaners before. Anyone out there have any recommendations? Someone told me once that ChemDry isn't the greatest. Any advice would be appreciated!

3 Talk to me!:

foreveryoung said...

I don't know about the professional guys, I always just use my steam cleaner and do it myself. What I do know is that you should definately stay away from slip covers. I thought that would be my answer when it came to our ugly navajo-indian purple couches, but I HATED the slip covers. They look decent until someone sits on them then they're all wrinkled and you're constantly tucking them in, it's a pain.

Mindy said...

Dennis Bush & Sons Carpet Cleaning
(801) 485-1840

They are patients at the Dental Office where I used to work and do a great job.
Stanley steamer does a good job too, but they call you every 6 months to solicit more services once you are in the database. I have been called 2 times since we moved into this house, only 3 months ago!
Good luck, hopefully your couches will stink no more!

The Mom said...

My mom has a Bissel carpet cleaner and I have used that to clean my carpets and it is amazing! I love it. I haven't used it on furniture, but I can't imagine it would be that much different.