Monday, September 15, 2008

5 months old!

Meredith is 5 months old today! Jeremy reminded me yesterday. He said "Five months ago, we were sitting in the hospital listening to heartbeat sounds." Good memories. It seems like forever ago, though.

Meredith is the best thing that has ever happened to me, next to Jeremy. Truly. I love her! I feel so blessed to have her in my life.

She's a pretty average baby as far as weight and size go. She just has a TON of hair! She's worn it all off the back and sides, so it is concentrated to the top of her head, but it is so long, it hangs down the sides nicely. We like to try to make it stick as straight up as it can. Jeremy doesn't like it when I put accessories in her hair. He likes it wild and natural! I like to play with it. I don't think I ever posted this pic of her hair in little "fountains":



She rolls all over the place. Usually she only rolls to the left, so I can place her safely on the bed as long as I put barriers (pillows, etc.) on the left side. She is starting to like tummy time better because she gets a different vantage now that she can lift her head up and look around vs. how the world looks when she's laying on her back.

She loves toys. It's nice that she's distracted by toys now. Its fun to see her grabbing for things. She loooooves to grab for cups when you have her sitting in your lap. Watch out! She'll try to drink your drink. I guess she's watched us drinking out of them for 5 months now and wants a turn! We haven't started solids yet. I'm waiting until 6 months for that. I do let her suck on watermelon pieces when I have them.

She has a cute little dimple on her upper left cheek that appears when she opens her mouth really wide.

She still loves to stand up. She'd rather stand in your lap than sit.

She likes to watch BYU football. No joke.

Her laugh really amounts to happy squealing. I would love for her to belly laugh more, but I'll take what I can get!

She constantly makes this sound where she audibly sucks in air. It scares me sometimes because it sounds like she's choking or something! But it's just one of her happy sounds, which she has a lot of. She is constantly talking! Her pattern is to wake up about 7 in the morning and sing (yell) and play for about an hour or two. Then I can usually get her back to sleep for a good morning nap (for her and me). She still cosleeps with us (the crib thing wasn't working, and I was getting too stressed out. I still use it for naps, though), and I love it in the morning when she wakes up and rolls over to her daddy and starts kicking him. Hilarious. Saturday morning, I got up before Jeremy and took a shower. When I got out, Meredith was sleeping on her back with her arms flailed out. One of them was resting on Jeremy's face. So cute.

She likes to stick her fingers in mouths. Mine, Jeremy's, the dog's. Ick.

She loves her "kitty", Milo. Whenever I put Meredith on the floor, Milo will come over and purr and curl around her. He lets her grab him. She loves it.

She's still a snacker. She likes lots of small meals. This is why we spend most of church in the mother's lounge. I'm thinking this will improve once we get her on solids. My mom just says "She's a little gourmet." Yep. She still won't take a bottle or pacifier, so I've given up on those fronts. She'll chew on her soothie pacifier, but she won't suck. Someone told me a few weeks ago that their kids never took bottles, but just went straight to sippy cups at 6 months. That'll probably be us.

I love you, baby girl!

1 Talk to me!:

Janessa said...

What a cutie! It sounds like she does so many cute things. I love the hair picture! If you want her to wear hair things when she's a little older, start now so she's used to them and doesn't just pull them out. My poor Kambry was bald until she was three years old. Yay that M has hair!