Thursday, September 25, 2008

A good night

Seriously folks, you don't have to read these sleep posts. They're probably boring. I just feel the need to document. That's not to say that I don't appreciate everyone's kind words and advice! Thank you!

Last night was a good night. Not great, but definitely good. We got M to sleep at a good hour and in her crib. She fell asleep on her own after a little struggle. I didn't even have to pick her up. She reverts to this tired cry that seems to say "I know I have to go to sleep, it's just hard for me, but I'm trying!" Then she passes out. I'm grateful she doesn't full out cry.

Then she slept for 4 hours! I think I had to settle her once, but it was very brief. She responds well now to just the sound of "Shhhhh" and a hand placed on her back.

Yes, I did go to bed when she did. Problem is, I couldn't get to sleep! I laid there in her room for an hour and a half before I fell asleep! ARGH! You know how when you KNOW you have to go to sleep RIGHT NOW, you just can't do it? Yeah, it was like that.

I fed her at 2 am when she woke (will work on dropping that feeding later), placed her in her crib, and she rolled right over and went to sleep. A-MAZING. Then I laid awake for another hour. So frustrating!

She woke up at like 5 and "talked" to herself for a while, then fell asleep again. What a funny little monkey. When she woke up at 7, I put her in bed with me and we both slept till 9. I couldn't muster the strength to get up, so I let her play for a while, then we took our morning nap together.

So yeah, even though I was the one with the sleep problems last night, I feel great today! Hopefully tonight will be even better!

1 Talk to me!:

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

Yeah- good for her, crappy for you. My body always does that to me. Whenever there is something I need to wake-up early for or a big event the next day I just lay there thinking "I have to go to sleep NOW." Hope tonight is better for you.