Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Weekly random post

I often have things I want to blog about, but there is no logical connection between my thoughts. Hence my random posts. Here we go again!

1.) I think a lot of bloggers (at least on blogspot) out there are LDS. I've run across several random blogs of people, and it turns out they are LDS. Like the moms on babycenter's forums, or some of the recipe blogs I've found. Just an observation.

2.) There's not much worse than cutting into a big ole watermelon and having it be gross. It's July - shouldn't all watermelons be tasty by now?


3.) I will NEVER get sick of Cafe Rio. We've been eating there since 2000, at least. And lately it's like we eat there once a week. That's a LOT of Cafe Rio. My parents love it, too - there is no Cafe Rio in Georgia, so my mom "perfected" the recipe for the pork salad and tomatillo dressing. I'll have to post it sometime.

4.) I need to ban myself from going to craft stores. I have too many projects I need to complete before I start on new ones. JoAnns has become my "happy place".

5.) We paid off ALL of our medical bills from M's birth today. It feels soooooooo good to be free! It actually worked out to be less than either Jeremy and I thought it would be (don't get me wrong - we have an expensive baby!), probably because we paid our deductible and the midwife's bill early.

6.) I can't wait to have another baby. It will be a while (M's only 2 1/2 months old for pete's sake), but I can't wait.

7.) I can't get enough of So You Think You Can Dance. Best. Show. Ever. I watch it like 3 times every week. The choreographers amaze me. I love everything that Mia Michaels and Wade Robson do. I even like some of the hip hop stuff. The show is also good for discovering new music. New favorite song: Charlotte Martin's "The Dance".

8.) My old Mary Kay director called me yesterday to ask if I want to re-sign-up to sell MK. I haven't talked to her in like 5 years. When I told Jeremy that she'd called, he said "Yeah, you could do that. And monkeys could fly out of your butt." Sorry, but it was hilarious! Guess you had to be there. Explanation: trying to be a Mark Kay consultant was one of the dumbest things I ever did. No offense to anyone, it was just NOT for me.

1 Talk to me!:

Anonymous said...

Remember how you are suppose to wait to have a another child until I get married? I don't want to be at the Credit Union forever. I love the job, but for a college graduate it pays crap. If I am not dating anyone I have to support myself somehow. BOOOO.