Thursday, July 31, 2008

Reveiws



Nature Valley Sweet and Salty Nut - Peanut.
Sinfully good. I'm afraid I'll never want any other granola bar again! Nuts are good for you, right? :) Ha ha ha.



John Adams miniseries on DVD
A must-see. It's long, yes, but SUPERBLY acted and beautifully shot. I love history when it is presented in entertaining ways... This series is excellent. We are so very, very blessed to live in America. Our forefathers are my heroes.

The series originally aired on HBO, so I was little nervous that there might be gratuitous language and/or sex involved. I was pleasantly surprised. Thank you, HBO, for showing some respect! There are two scenes that aren't kid-friendly - one when a guy gets tarred and feathered and they strip him naked (yikes), and another when a female character has a mastectomy.



Under the Same Moon (La Misma Luna)
This was a good movie. It was slightly predictable, but a nice family film nonetheless. I lean conservative on most issues, and illegal immigration is no different, but this movie helped me to have some more compassion for the plight of people in other countries who want so depserately to come to America to better their lives. The little boy in this film is dang cute.



God bless the developers of Target. I love that place! I've started shopping there for more and more household items. Their prices are pretty comparable to other places' on grocery-type things. Plus it's just a fun store to shop in. Too bad there isn't a SuperTarget near us... but the regular Target is way fun. I'll still have to go to Harmons and Wal-Mart for perishables and whatnot, but I'll think of any excuse to go bum around Target.

I was in the dressing rooms at the Jordan Landing Target last week when I overheard the fitting room attendant talking to a coworker. She said that they had had a man come back to try on some clothes and he'd asked if there was a restroom back there (in the fitting room area). They told him no, and he went in to try on his clothes. Well, a little while later, they noticed that the room he'd been in smelled like pee. He'd totally gone in and peed on the floor! GROSS!!!!!

2 Talk to me!:

Angie said...

Gotta love Target! It's one of my favorite places! I could spend hours there just walking around to see what they have. I do usually spend more money than I should though.
I'll have to check out your other recommendations.

Mindy said...

Note to self: "use caution in dressing rooms." SICK!