I am grateful for music.
I love music, and it has played a significant role in my life. I started taking piano lessons when I was 5, and continued until I was 16. In high school, I discovered my voice, and it became a large part of my identity then. I regularly attended chorus, voice lessons, duet, and solo performances. As an adult, I relish any opportunity to sing, though I don't currently attend our ward choir (too difficult right now with little ones). Also as an adult, one of my very favorite activities is disappearing into my headphones with some good tuneage.
I'm grateful for how music affects your emotions. In college I used to listen to Sarah McLachlan when I was feeling moody or having boy trouble. When I was pregnant with Meredith and practicing relaxation techniques, I loved listening to New Age. Some of my favorites these days are Christina Perri, Adele, Ingrid Michaelson, and the like.
Have you tried Spotify? Beats Pandora hands down.
I am also grateful for the role music plays in my spiritual life. It is safe to say that nothing helps me to feel the spirit more poignantly than music. I have lots of tender memories along these lines. I'm pretty sure music is one of Heavenly Father's special gifts to his children.
Saturday, November 19, 2011
Thankful Post #6
Scribbled by Kelly at 10:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 Talk to me!:
LOVE music! I know of numerous of times when it was my therapy. I have a new found love of Ingrid Michaelson myself. Can't get enough. I will have to try Spotify. You were the one to introduce me to Pandora so I trust your opinions. How do you find out about these things?
Agreed!
Post a Comment