The other night, Jeremy and I looked at the clock and realized it was only 6:30 pm. Obviously it felt later because of DST. Jeremy then made the comment that were he still working at his old job, he would be so excited because it was one more hour to not have to be at work. As it is, he does not dread going into work like he used to. In fact, he gets up extra early some days just to be there! He told me if he wakes up and starts thinking about code, there's no way he can go back to sleep, so he might as well just get to the office.
So I am thankful for Jeremy's job. I am thankful that he has a job, but, more importantly, that he has a job he loves. He was born to be a programmer, and I'm so happy for him that he got his foot in the door and is doing what is exciting and enjoyable to him. And I'm grateful for the company he works for (NetSteps, Inc.) They treat him right. They recognize his hard work, and they reward him for it. Yes, he works long hours sometimes, but it isn't a burden to me because I know he's happy and I know it will count for something.
It's completely different than a year ago when he would work late and we'd both be mad because he didn't want to be there.
I sure married a wonderful, smart, perfect man. I thank my Heavenly Father every day for him.


2 Talk to me!:
Love this picture of Meredith and Jeremy, she loves him so much!
What a sweet post. Made me smile.
Post a Comment