Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Catch-up: Halloween




To be completely honest, I don't really get the hype that surrounds Halloween. It's fun and all, but I don't understand why some people spend so much time and money on it! Now that I've outed myself as a Halloween scrooge, I must admit that it was WAY more fun this year, especially since this was the first year we took Meredith Trick-or-Treating. She got really into the whole Halloween thing, and I'm a tiny bit more converted. :)

my little fairy and ladybug

Our ward had a fun little Halloween dinner with kid games and Trick-or-Treating in the halls. It was a fun night. Halloween evening came with perfect weather, so there were a LOT of little spooks out there! Even though we had way too much candy and needed to be giving it away, we both went around the neighborhood with Meredith (and Claire). We mostly hit the houses of people we knew, and even that was a TON of walking. We met up with some friends about halfway through, and Meredith loves palling around with her buddies. Such a fun night.

I made Jeremy take the rest of our candy to work with him after we'd given some away to the late Trick-or-Treaters once we'd gotten home. Meredith's hoard was enough for all of us!

2 Talk to me!:

Angie said...

Too cute! It was a fun night!

Mindy said...

your girls are darling, I love the costumes! M is growing up so fast, she's a beautiful little gal!