I finished my quilt last week. I'm pretty proud of it. Quilting is not a quick nor an easy hobby, but it is very fulfilling.
I actually did the "quilting" on my own machine, using a darning foot and just going to town in a random pattern. It's called stippling.
My favorite part? Hand-stitching the binding to the back of the quilt. It was strangely relaxing, once I figured out how to do a blind hem stitch, which I'd never done.
Here are the pictures:
This is right after I got the quilt out of the dryer. Meredith loved rolling around/in it because it was so warm.
I'm so ready to start on the next one!


6 Talk to me!:
It's beautiful. Way to go. I would be a little nervous that the "stippling" part on the machine would bunch up. Did it do that at all?
That is so cute! Great job on the sewing machine part! I would be terrified to do that!
Love it so much! You did an amazing job on it! On to the next!
Congrats! It looks AWESOME!!
Oh, wow! That is beautiful!!! You are so talented! The strippling turned out great. I love the material you used. Can't wait to see what your next project will be.
Love the quilt! You have amazing taste and talent at putting together colors and patterns. Great job.
Post a Comment