Here's a portrait of Meredith at 15 months:
She's walking! I love love love the "drunken baby" walk. You can tell she is so proud of herself to be walking around. She rarely crawls anywhere anymore.
She has pooped in the bathtub. Is this a right of passage for a parent? Yuck!
Here's a conversation Mer and I have nearly every day:
Me: Say "Mommy".
Meredith: Daddy!!!
Me: Say "Mommy".
Meredith: "DA-deeeee"
Me: No, say "Mommy!"
Meredith: "DAAAdeeee!"
*sigh*
She also says "Hi", "hat", "doggie", "poh-poh" (for Apollo), and various other unintelligible words. She also says "Dat" quite often, as in "What's that?" or "I want that".
She has 8 teeth, 1/2 a molar, and many more teeth on their way in.
She loves to shut doors. She thinks it's hilarious to shut herself in her room, my room, the closet, the bathroom, etc.
She's coming out of her shell a little. She seems to like to find other laps to sit on in sacrament meeting, and she smiles at unfamiliar people more often. Sweet!
She notices birds and airplanes in the sky. She points and says "Dat!" Luckily we have LOTS of airplanes fly over our house. She once pointed out a nasty beetle crawling on the vaulted ceiling in our kitchen and talked to it until Jeremy sucked it up with the vacuum hose.
Some naughty things she has done:
Eaten diaper cream
Eaten toothpaste
Shut me out of the bathroom and then opened the drawer so that it blocks the door and I can't get in (panic!)
Dumped books in the toilet
Combed her hair with Go-gurt
Thrown herself on the floor in frustration (already? really?)
She's tall and skinny. Her weight has dropped to the 13th percentile, probably because she's so busy and just so indifferent when it comes to food. Feeding a toddler is hard. This is a post for another day, though.
She still just loves her daddy. She gets so excited to see him and makes him take her outside and play as soon as he gets home.
She's just such a happy little creature. I love that about her. She's curious about everything and makes our lives so complete.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)


.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
12 Talk to me!:
Those are adorable pictures. I love all of them, but esepcially the bubble one.
Don't worry, cleaning poo out of bath water is a right of passage for parents for each child you have. Just recently Cam did that too. Meredith says a lot of words, wow. I can't get Cam to say mommy either, or atleast not on cue. I think it's because I want her to do it so bad. Meredith is such a cutie and I'm so glad that her and Cam will be great friends.
She is looking so big and definetly becoming more outgoing. She is adorable!
This is probably my most favorite blog post of yours! It's hilarious and tells so much about her. She's sooooooo cute and growing up too fast. Love ya!
What a beautiful beautiful wonderful baby. Loved this blog. Do another one tomorrow. Be sure to talk to Meredith about us so she doesn't forget her Georgia grandparents! Love you too.
What a big girl! She's growing up so fast!!
She is absolutely adorable!
I can't believe she's a toddler!! You have got some great shots and the engagement pictures are beautiful, nice job!
She is getting so big! I love that age. Too fun. Your picts are adorable too :)
What a cute post! Yay, she's walking! Congrats!
And my kids have all done the drawer-blocking-the-door thing too. Luckily they eventually pushed the drawer back in, but it is scary! whew!
She's a doll, Kelly
Love that post! Meredith is adorable and it's so fun to hear what she's doing lately. As far as german browns in the tub...yeah, that's totally normal, if freaky for the mom who gets to fish, drain, and clean the tub!
My mom normally recommends to new parents that they teach the kids to "Dada" first because 1) the dad will be so pleased, (but more importantly) 2) when they wake up screaming in the middle of the night, they can only call for their father =)
Post a Comment