What's done is done.
Hopefully this will be my last political post for a while. But I just have to say that I feel deflated and sad. Not mope-around-the-house sad, but sad nonetheless. I'm worried for our country. Truly worried. And I'm concerned about the masses who aren't thinking for themselves... to me, and this is just me, last night's election results signaled an America that wasn't thinking things through, but instead making snap decisions just for the sake of "making history."
I never really liked McCain, so I'm not sad that he lost. And it's not so much that Obama won. It's that our country is now controlled by liberals. These next four years will be interesting. And you know what? Even if they goof everything up (and they will), they can just wash their hands of it all, saying they were just doing the best they could cleaning up after the Bush administration. How convenient... *dripping sarcasm*
Last Sunday we had a really good lesson in RS about being accepting and understanding of others. I needed it because I think I've let my pride make me feel animosity towards others whose political opinions differ from my own. For example, my "friends" on Facebook who are die-hard Obama supporters, who are all gloating this morning. Oh, and our neighbor across the street who lit a string of fireworks at about 10 pm that went off for like 5 minutes straight. Time to let that go. I know that one of the greatest things about America is that we are allowed to have our opinions and make our own choices. Let us pray that those essential freedoms continue.
At least Prop 8 passed.
Anyway, moving on...America is still the greatest country on the earth, and to quote Joseph Smith (I think), "Whatever happens....God is in it."
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Moving on...
Scribbled by Kelly at 11:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 Talk to me!:
Like I stated on Camille's blog: "If ye are righteous, ye shall not fear." I have been very opinionated this whole week and went off last night at work. But I'm good now. Keep the Faith in God.
Post a Comment