Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sleep cont'd

WHY AM I BLOGGING WHEN I COULD BE READING BREAKING DAWN? Hello! I think I'm dragging it out in the interest of prolonging the enjoyment. This is the last one! NO ONE BLOG ABOUT IT YET, OKAY?

We had some good nights this week as far as sleep goes. I've come to the conclusion that Meredith is happy, I am getting plenty of sleep in the long run, and I just don't want to be obsessed about this. I was SO freakin' obsessed about breastfeeding for the first few weeks of M's life, and now I look back and wish I had ENJOYED her more instead of being so freaked out all the time. I did enjoy her, but I should have CHILLED OUT and enjoyed her more!

So I'm trying to chill out about the whole sleep thing. She'll get better, and I'll get better. No one is really suffering here - I just need to stop comparing my child to other children. I worry that I'm doing something wrong by not implementing some kind of "training", but then I remember 1.) each family has to do what is right for them personally and 2.) it's not like sleep training programs have been around forever! I mean, what did people do before the 1980s or whenever Weissbluth and Ferber, etc. started writing? They figured out what worked for them in whatever way they could!

Bottom line: M is healthy and happy, as am I. So we're good.

1 Talk to me!:

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

Kelly-I've noticed, even with the best sleeping children,they will eventually go through a phase, whether days or months when they aren't in their normal routine. And suddenly they aren't the best sleepers anymore. Don't worry about what other people's kids do, if you and your family are happy then it works for you. Just remember you are a great mom and you have an adorable little girl- who will grow up and be best friends with Camberlyn. :)