Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Cabin

My grandparents have a wonderful cabin up past Heber, at Timberlakes. It is gorgeous. Every time my parents come to town, we always spend time at the cabin. I wonder sometimes if they look more forward to the cabin than to seeing their Utah daughters.... just kidding!

We spent Monday and Tuesday at the cabin with them this week. I was worried about how M would do, since she seems to prefer familiar environments. She did great! I was also worried about how she would react to my parents. They were so anxious to see her and spend time with her, and I was scared that she would cry a lot around them. She does have a bit of stranger anxiety already... She did great there, too! I swear she remembers my mom from when she stayed with us for 3 weeks when M was born. I picked my parents up at the airport on Saturday with M, and she she saw them, she was all smiles and happiness. So cute! She's really bonded with her Grandma Jill. It's been so nice to have someone around who M will go to. Every mommy needs a break!

Anyway, here are some more pictures from our cabin trip.


Hiking (i.e. bushwhacking) to the trout pond. M is in her Mei Tai on Daddy's back. I was too nervous to carry her myself since the terrain was sooo steep.


Who's the cutest baby in all the land?


Fishing in the trout pond. We had yummy trout for dinner the next day. Dad knows how to cook 'em!




Master fly-fisherman


Sunburst baby


Grandma Jill with her favorite grandbaby.





Grandma and Katie with M


Grandpa with M



The deer come hang out right next to the cabin. My grandparents say moose and bear hang around as well. My grandpa said he left the car window slightly open once with a bag of apples on the seat. When he came out to get the apples, there was a bear in the car!!!





Sweet baby.

2 Talk to me!:

Mindy said...

cute pictures... she is growing up so fast!

Angie said...

Those are adorable pictures of M and your family too of course! I'm glad you had a great time. Your grandparents cabin IS awesome!