Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Rant

I had to go into my midwife's office today to get my Rhogam shot since I am Rh negative (my blood type is O neg). Holy cow, that shot HURT! I'm usually really good with needles, but this one was awful. I actually felt woozy for a few seconds. Yuck. Maybe it hurt so bad because it was in my hip.

While I was there, they told me the results of my labs. I failed the 1-hour glucose test by 7 points, so I have to go to the hospital to take the 3-hour. I've been reading about it online (what else is new), and something like 90% of those who fail the one-hour DO pass the 3-hour. So here's hoping. If it is GD, it's nice to know it's not my fault. GD is caused by hormones released by the baby's placenta, which in turn causes insulin resistance. It goes away once the placenta leaves the premises. Still, what a pain. I was having such a complication-free pregnancy, too (I don't think morning sickness counts as a "complication")! Oh well. I can't get worked up now because that won't do me any good. I'm going to go in first thing in the morning and get it over with.

Oh, and I'm anemic. I'm always anemic. What causes that? I mean, why does one person's body get enough iron and another person's not? Do I just not eat iron-rich foods? I guess not. So yeah, I have to take iron supplements, too. I'm in a foul mood. :(

3 Talk to me!:

foreveryoung said...

That stinks about all of the above, sorry! Hopefully the next test comes back okay. My mom had gestational diabetes with Todd, but not with Jayci. I thought if you had it with one you would have it with the rest, but I guess not. Good luck!

Janessa said...

Awe, poor Kelly. If being pregnant wasn't enough, huh? I hope that things turn out okay with the next test and that you can continute on with your "complication free pregnancy". Good luck!

Jessica said...

My fingers are crossed for you! I was complication-free with Easton until the third trimester rolled around. 9 months is just a long time for things to be totally perfect. You'll be just fine! :)