Friday, January 18, 2008

Phew!

No more needles! I'm a human pincushion!

I went to take my 3-hour GTT test today. I would have gone yesterday, but I woke up puking, so there was no way I could drink the glucose drink (I still have random mornings of morning sickness, mostly when I'm stressed out). Anyway, NO GD FOR ME! Woo hoo! The only number that was skewed was my fasting glucose, which is weird, but all the numbers after I downed the sugar were fine. Granted, I still need to talk to my midwife. She may have a different interpretation of the results, but as you know, I the queen of internet research, and everything I've read says you have to fail 2 of the 4 blood draws to be diagnosed. So here's hoping! Now I just need my arm to heal after all that poking. I have really bad veins (always have), so they had to stick me in the same place each time. Ouch!

Keeping my fingers crossed.....

2 Talk to me!:

Rohm Family said...

OWW sorry you had to do that- I hate the glucose test that drink is so gross. I am glad you passed though :) I have A negative so I get rhoGam too- the first time it hurt but the second time was fine- get it in the butt though so there is a little more padding than the hip :)

Janessa said...

Yay! I'm so glad everything came back good this time. Hope your arm heals quickly.