Monday, January 21, 2008

I'm freezing!

Yesterday we came home from church and I casually asked "Why is it so cold in here?" It was about 65. Jeremy tried to turn the furnace on, but it was broken! We then made some frantic calls to his dad (our fix-it man), who was taking a Sunday nap. We made him wake up and come over to look at the furnace. The igniter was broken. CRAP! Luckily, he'll get a new part for us today from one of his suppliers, but in the meantime, it's cold!!!! We were fine yesterday just cuddled on the couch with blankets. I didn't notice the cold last night when I was sleeping- in fact, I woke up and took off my socks and sweatshirt because they were bugging me. But this morning? It's a whopping 55 degrees in this house!!! ALL of the pets were curled up next to me when I woke up, and the cats are walking around with their fur all poofed out. I was thinking I would just run errands all day to get out of the house and stay warm, but there was a blizzard last night, and the roads are bad! I can't win. For now, I'm huddled at the computer in many layers. Only my hands are cold because they are out of the blanket. I want to take a nice, long, hot shower, but I'm scared of how cold it will be when I get out. I WANT TO MOVE!

2 Talk to me!:

foreveryoung said...

I would die!! I can't handle if the thermostat goes below 70, good luck getting it fixed--soon! And yea for no GD!

Angie said...

You poor thing! I hope everything is fixed now. If not, come on over to my house. It's nice and warm here. You are welcome to stay as long as needed!