Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Observations



I have a completely random brain these days. I want to post something, but there's nothing truly interesting to write about right now... so here are some of my random thoughts of late.

1.) Old people like to shop at Costco in the middle of the day. They just wander about. They're everywhere! Nothing against the aged. It's just interesting that they choose Costco of all places. Perhaps they are there for the free food. I know a girl who's dad eats "lunch" at Costco each weekend by going around and eating all the free samples. And it's not like he needs a handout as he is wealthy. But you can't really blame him. Who can turn down free food?

2.) Why does everyone have to be in such a huge hurry all the time? I'm talking about driving. I hate it when cars change lanes around you when you yourself might be going a tad over the speed limit. Slow down, people! Life doesn't have to be so rushed! Do you ever drive slow(er) on purpose just to make people mad? It's fun.

3.) Have you ever noticed that some people seem to have all the time in the world to just sit in a lawn chair in their garage or driveway for hours on end, doing nothing? I left the house this morning to run errands and passed some neighbors (who I don't know, btw) just sitting in their driveway. When I came back several HOURS later, they were still there! Who has time to do that? The family across the street (Willie what's-his-name) does that in the evenings all spring and summer. He once told us they smoke marijuana out there. Nice. :) Oh my gosh, that reminds me of driving in podunk Georgia and seeing this "white trash" couple sitting on their front porch, she in her housedress and he in his overalls, one of them holding a fly-swatter. You gotta love it! It was like something out of a Normal Rockwell painting, only a redneck version.

4.) We live right by the Olympic Speed Skating Oval, and there are some huge fields near there where we take the dog when he needs a good run. There's a little cul-de-sac there, and inevitably there's some car parked at the curb with someone in it just sitting there (seemingly). I don't get it. What are they doing? Is it just a good place to stop and check out the view? It is a good view... Two weeks ago we took the dog over there and I swear we watched a drug-deal go down. These two cars came speeding around the corner and stopped, one behind the other. A guy got out of the one car and went to the passenger side of the other car. They he got back in his own car and the front car drove off. The guy sat in his car for like five minutes, probably getting high. Then he sped off. Of course, nothing beats your story, Angie, of the naked couple in the pickup. Good grief! It's weird to me that people are always there because it's in the middle of a neighborhood!

5.) I love my midwife. Yesterday she told me that it is always a pleasure to see me and that I make her day. How often do you hear such things from medical professionals? She's the best. I'm so excited that I found a caregiver who is so awesome. I love my prenatal appointments. Everything is right on track. I also found out that if I, for any unforseen reason, have to have a C-section, she'll be able to scrub in as an assist. She's not a surgeon, so she can't do the actual surgery, but she likes to stay with her patients no matter what. Not that I want a section, but it's nice to know she'll be there should it come to that.

6.) The whole "witty banter" thing on American Idol is getting on my nerves. I know the judges and Ryan have to play it up for TV, but it's getting annoying. Especially the stuff between Ryan and Simon. Ugh. Enough already. I still loves me some David Archuleta, but I also like one of the other Davids. The rocker guy who plays the electric guitar. He's good.

7.) Where is a Girl Scout when you need her? I could REALLY use some Samoas. Has anyone seen any Girl Scouts in the Kearns area lately?

That's all for now...

4 Talk to me!:

Liz said...

Kelly those are hilarious. I think we all have those weird observations, it was nice to hear somebody else's. By the way, the girl scouts delivered samoas to my house last night. They are so delicious, but also so expensive. There were fifteen cookies for $3.50. What? But they are delicious and in 24 hours, nearly gone. If you need a fix, hurry over there might be one left.

Mindy said...

I love your randomness, Kelly. (is that a real word?) You are one of my very favorite people!

Mindy said...

p.s. I always wondered what Willey was doing out there!

Angie said...

We went to Costco today and saw all those old people! I thought of you as I saw them creeping along to the next free sample. I can't say that I tried any today. I do take some occasionally, but they are usually for Brooklyn. Those free samples actually drive me nuts...people get a little crazy and mean trying to sample whatever is out for the day.