Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I hate poop!


(This is a picture of Apollo laughing at me)


Jeremy took Apollo to the park today while I was cleaning out the guest room. While they were there, the dog rolled in some poop. Gross! Jeremy couldn't figure out where it was because Apollo has so much fur, but I found it right away, tucked in the folds beneath his ear. So disgusting. So we had to give him a bath immediately, which is a big job. Not something I was thinking of doing today.

Normally, we take Apollo to the dog wash and use their self-service station. It's convenient because the tub is raised and they have all the right equipment. My tub is not so amenable to dog-bathing. First of all, my bathroom (even though it is the master bath) is the size of a matchbox. We really screwed that up when we built the house. Why we didn't do a grand bath I will never know... Anyway, the tub wasn't draining, so I had to fish around in the drain in poo-infested waters. GROSS! Then Jeremy thought it would be funny to spray me with the showerhead. Not cool. If we were dealing with anything but poo, I would have had a better sense of humor about it. THEN he let the dog get out of the tub while soaking wet. 100 lbs of wet, hairy Golden Retriever commenced the dreaded "shake the water off" dance in my tiny bathroom. Jeremy and I got soaked, and the floor looked like it had been flooded. SOOOOOOO not what I needed today! Jeremy thought the whole thing was hilarious. Me? Not so much.

I hate poop. Guess I'd better get used to it. I think baby poop will be much more tolerable than random dog poop.

2 Talk to me!:

Angie said...

That's a very cute picture of Apollo! Yes, baby poop is much better than dog poop. Maybe because you know a baby doesn't know any better. You would hope a dog knows a little better.
I can relate, bathing a dog in the bathroom is just not worth the mess. I would rather pay to use the self-serve dog wash any day.

Mindy said...

At least there are "phases" to baby poop. Newborn poop isn't bad at all, if you have a breastfed baby that is. The more they eat the worse it gets, but at least you'll be a poopy pro by then and maybe it won't bother you so bad! I agree, dog poop is the worst though, especially when its an unknown dog.For some reason that always makes it worse in my mind.