Thursday, October 2, 2008

Another sleep post, plus other stuff

We've had a couple of really good nights lately. Of course that's relative.... M is not sleeping through the night yet, but I am being patient. I'm just so happy to have progress, even if it is slow. The big deal is that she has learned to put herself back to sleep. She still wakes up a lot, but it is brief, and she will eventually go back to sleep without crying. Sometimes I can hear her in her room talking to herself at night. So sweet! When we put her to bed initially, she inevitably starts to protest, but it's not really crying, just protesting. And she's at the point now where we have to leave the room or she has a hard time settling. It's the same thing as when she's in the car: I used to always ride in the backseat with her whenever we'd go somewhere as a family, until I realized she was less likely to get upset when I wasn't back there... if she can see me, she gets mad! Anyway, I'm pleased that she is sleeping somewhat on her own. I moved out of her room and back into my own bed. There is just nothing like your own bed, you know? Now, if I could just learn to sleep better! Because she is making progress, I know that eventually she will be a through-the-night sleeper. Ahhhh....that will be heaven!

I took M swimming today for the first time. She LOVED it! I should have taken her sooner. Thanks to my awesome friends for making me get out of the house!

I've had a lot of political thoughts on the brain lately. I listen to NPR during the day sometimes, though I'm starting to get irked at them because they are so obviously liberal (as are most media organizations. There's no such thing as unbiased media). I'm just gonna come out and say it: I'm terrified of Obama winning this election. I have a hard time talking about politics because its such a volatile topic, and I don't want to start debates because I have a hard time articulating the specifics of my opinions, but I really feel strongly that Obama is not the right man for this country. I'm a pretty hard-core conservative... I can't say I'm completely in love with McCain, but I'm completely against Obama. I think he is unpatriotic, power hungry, dishonest, inexperienced... and the list goes on. The whole thing with his Reverend Wright solidified it for me. He's just a snake.

4 years ago during the Bush/Kerry elections, my liberal coworker at WGU posted a sign on her desk with was a picture of the US over which she'd pasted the phrase "RIP". There were a lot of Democrats at WGU. When Bush won, one of the faculty member's sons sent her flowers with a card that said "There is always Canada." It bugged me to work with people who were so angry about the outcome of the election, but now I get it. If Obama wins, and I'm scared he's going to, I will probably feel the same way as they did. Granted, nothing can destroy my patriotism for this country, but it will be pretty ominous indeed if this nation falls into the wrong hands.

0 Talk to me!: