Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Just stuff

Okay, so I'm off work today, and I should be cleaning the house, but I just can't do it! I'm addicted to the computer, especially when Jeremy isn't home, since he monopolizes it most of the time! I have my own computer, but it's in the unfinished room off our living room, and it's cold and dark in there!

Anyway, I'm killing some time before I go see my midwife, so I thought I'd write another post. BTW, I LOVE love my midwife, but I get so freakin' nervous every time I go to any kind of medical appointment! Last appt. my always-normal blood pressure was about 10 points higher because I was nervous - and for no reason! I'm just that way. They took my BP again before I left, and it had normalled out, so it was nothing to worry about, but I don't want to do that again! I plan to do some deep breathing on the way over. I know I've lost weight again... Julie, my midwife, isn't worried about the fact that I keep dropping (it's not like I don't have excess to lose, ha ha ha), but the nurse who takes my vitals and my pee is always a little condescending about it: "Hmmm... you've lost 2 more pounds. Are you SURE you're eating?" Of course I'm eating! Who knew that pregnancy could be such a great weight loss program? :) I'm sure it will start picking up soon as the baby continues to grow. I wonder if I'll net any overall gain, though. I have 20 lbs. to gain before I'm at my pre-pregnancy weight. That's just fine with me! Here's why I think the weight is falling off: 1.) morning sickness really did a number on me (but I survived!!! and it's all gone now) 2.) I don't eat junk food anymore because it's disgusting 3.) I'm off all medication. I was taking Celexa prior to becoming pregnant, for anxiety and depression, but I went cold turkey off of it as soon as I found out about the baby. Celexa is considered safe during pregnancy, but I'm just not going to take any chances. Jeremy and I had a long talk about this early on. His sister was on who knows how many meds before her son was born. He's a cutie, but he's going on 3 years old and still doesn't talk. The doctors think his delays are related to all the medication his mom wast taking. So here I am at 5 months preggo, and I'm totally fine without it (the Celexa). I don't know how much evidence there is that antidepressants cause weight gain, but I'm willing to bet that a lot of my loss is due to not being on the drug.

Anywho, I need to start decorating the nursery. I'm going to do it all in pink and brown. I never thought I'd be a "pink" person, but I'm in love with the pink/brown combo. My wonderful mom wants to help me by sewing some pieces for the nursery. I've been looking online for lots of ideas. Here's my fav:



I already bought the sheet, and I'm tempted to buy the wallpaper border, but I'm not spending $200 to get the rest of it. I want original stuff, which is where my mom comes in! :)

Well, my one pair of maternity jeans are done in the dryer, and I need to go Christmas shopping, seeing as how I haven't really even started. So I'm off!

4 Talk to me!:

Angie said...

I like your nursery choice. Very cute and great for a girl! :)

Rohm Family said...

i love the pink and brown- very chic. I am sorry to hear about your grandma- I remember her visiting in GA. Post a pix of your cute belly :)

Jessica said...

Amen to going to the doctor anxiety! I was the same way. They always had to take my blood pressure twice. Glad to know I'm not the only one. :) I second the call for a prego belly pic!

Janessa said...

Yes, a belly shot is in order. I LOVE the nursery pictures. How fun to have your mom make stuff for it. What are you going to do if you have a boy next? :)