Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Taking a break

I flatter myself to think that anyone might be worried with my lack of blogging lately. Things are great here in LundyLand I promise - I just need to take a break from my blog. Not forever, hopefully, but for now.

Blogging takes too much of my time, plus I'm a little frustrated with the virtual world right now. Nothing really specific, I just have been thinking that there might be some harm in putting too much of yourself "out there". You cannot always interpret a writer's tone. You cannot accurately interpret intention. You never know if/how you might be misunderstood. Again, I'm not referring to any specific incident. It's just something I've been thinking about.

In the meantime, this is a great talk by Elder David Bednar, called "Things As They Really Are" which has helped to give me some perspective on things. The line that most sticks with me is this:

"Please be careful of becoming so immersed and engrossed in pixels, texting, ear buds, twittering, online social networking, and potentially addictive uses of media and the Internet that you miss the richness of person-to-person communication."

Something to think about...



3 Talk to me!:

Mark and Kattie said...

I really like that quote, something for me to think about for sure.

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

I will miss you and miss reading your fun entries, but I understand.
BTW-I love Elder Bednar's talk.

Janessa said...

I know what you mean. It is easy to get too engrossed with computers and blogs and stuff. At the same time I think there is a lot of good to be had there. It's definitely a balancing act that each of us needs to perfect. I hope you don't take too much of a break though because I love to read your blog and see all the amazing pictures you take. You always have some interesting points and food for thought. Find that balance but don't disapear:)