Friday, August 14, 2009

Blogging blahs....

I have some serious blogging blahs... Sometimes a little sliver of an idea will pop into my head and I think "Oh, I should write about that", but then the motivation goes away.

I wanted to post something, but needed some help, so here's one of those, some-would-say-annoying, quiz thingies. I'm not going to tag anyone, but I will say that I do enjoy these things. I love reading them when other people do them, *hint hint*. I think you can learn a lot about people from the subtle things they say.


What is your current obsession? Fabric. My grandmother has a magnet on her fridge that says "She who dies with the most fabric wins." I don't have a lot of fabric, but I love it all the same. Take me to a quilting store and I feel all warm and tingly inside just looking at all the pretty colors. On that vein, I have finished another quilt top, made entirely from Amy Butler prints. Yum. Pictures to come. Someday. When I feel like it.

What do you hate that everybody else seems to love? The Bachelor or The Bachelorette. I think they are sleazy shows, especially since the main character ends up sleeping with multiple partners, in real life (right?). Um, ewwww. I probably watch too much other crap, though, so this is not a judgement.

What are you wearing today? T-shirt and shorts. I'm going to go workout on my elliptical in a few minutes.

What's for dinner? Grilled porkchops with dijon sauce. (Thanks, Jamie! I've made them several times).

What would you eat for your last meal? Easy. Sushi. Specifically, a Sunshine roll from Asian Star.

What's the last thing you bought? Boring answer? groceries. Fun answer? A dress to wear to Jon and May's wedding. May wanted us sisters-in-law in eggplant colored dresses. I found several online that I loved, but they were all upwards of $50. The one I really loved was $100!!! Then I went to Ross yesterday and found the perfect dress for $20. Yipee!!!! I asked Jeremy if I could pocket the $80 I saved on that find. Ha ha ha..... It is a sleeveless dress, and since I don't do sleeveless, I will have to keep shopping for a nice shrug. Darn. ;)

What are you listening to right now? Static on the baby monitor. I should turn on Pandora, but I don't want to get sucked into the computing vortex since I have things to do this afternoon. If I was listening to Pandora, I'd put it on my A Fine Frenzy or Holly Brook channel. Or my Susie Suh, Ahn Trio, Grey's Anatomy, Kate Walsh, or Ingrid Michaelson channels.

Describe your personal style. Umm, I have none? Mostly, I just like to be comfortable. I'm not talking wear-my-pajamas-to-the-grocery-store comfortable, but I'll often choose comfort over fashion. Soft fabrics. Stuff that you don't have to iron. Flip flops. I wish I had more style. I recognize it in people, but don't know how to duplicate it.

What are you going to do after this? Elliptical. 40 minutes +.

What are you currently reading? I'm re-reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. We saw HP 6 at the drive-in a few weeks ago, and it made me realize I've forgotten how the whole saga ends. Next on my list? Hopefully I can get my hands on a copy of Catching Fire when it comes out on September 1st. It's the sequel to The Hunger Games. I also plan to read Parenting with Love and Logic since I've heard so much about that one...I just finished listening to Austenland again on my iPod.

What is the last movie you watched? I wanted to watch a DVD on Saturday night, so I re-watched In America (while Jeremy worked - did I mention he works a lot? From home, mostly, but still...). Have you seen this movie? It ranks in my top 10, for sure. It's quite an emotional ride, though, so be warned. I think I might have mentioned it on this blog a long time ago. It's the story of this Irish family who comes to live in New York and about how they make their way in their new life. They recently lost their son to a brain tumor, the mom has a complicated pregnancy, the little girls (who are superb actors in this film) befriend a neighbor who is dying...lots of heavy stuff, but a beautiful, life-affirming, emotionally-satisfying film. The ending (which is happy, so don't worry) KILLS me every time. It's not just a crying movie, it's a sobbing movie, for me anyway. :) I love it.

What delighted you most today? Meredith was cracking up at the cat, who was chasing a reflection on the wall cast from my iPhone. She thought it was hilarious as I was making the cat jump up the wall to "catch" the light. Anytime we can get Meredith to belly-laugh, it's a good day.

How late did you stay up last night and why? 11:30-ish. I got in bed at about 11, but Jeremy brought his laptop to bed to be able to do some work, so I ended up talking to him for a while. He works a lot lately...

When was the last time you cried really hard? Tuesday. My brother-in-law said something stupid to me on Facebook, and I had a cow. (Don't bother looking for it on my profile. It has been deleted). It was so dumb. WHEN will I stop being so sensitive? I let things get to me that shouldn't. My poor husband has to put up with my irrational emotions periodically. He's a saint, especially when he takes the brunt of it. Do you think we ever stop worrying about what people think of us?

Night out or night in? Night in. When it comes right down to it, I'm a home-body. That's not to say I don't love a good evening with friends, but I sure do love just hanging out with my own little family.

How do you feel about your life right now? I'm very happy. Life has it's challenges for sure, but I am happy. I'm very grateful to be at the place I'm in right now. Parenthood is such an adventure, and I love it for all it's ups and downs.

5 Talk to me!:

Liz said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one with blahs! It just seems like another thing on my to do list and it shouldn't. I also have the blahs with making comments, I often think I will comment on that, but never do, I don't know.

I love your answers on these!

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

Just so you know, I love your style. Yes, you do always do look comfortable but oh so stylish. I wish I had a way to put together outfits and accessories like you. You are always wearing the perfect necklace or earrings. BTW- Frank and I are re-reading Harry Potter 7 too, I'm way excited. I have forgotten everything. Oh yeah, one last thing, I've never seen the Bachelor or the Bachelorette and have no desire whatsoever.

Tia said...

I'm with you on the Bachelor, talk about trashy!
And I love Ross too! I've gone there and found clothes I'd been looking for at a great price!
You're a good writer, by the way. I think you're so funny! Your blog is always fun to read ;)

Janessa said...

That was fun to read through. I'm too lame to take time to sit down and do one myself. I just read the Hunger games and am anxious to read the next one too. I'll have to check out that movie. Souds like a good one. I love the deep baby belly laughs!

Mark and Kattie said...

It was fun to learn more about you!