We had a nice July 4th weekend. The best part? Because Utah now allows aerial fireworks, you don't have to go to a crowded location to watch a good show. You could stand on a street corner in our neighborhood and watch as many fireworks as you could take in.
Friday evening we had a fun little BBQ with our Primary Presidency and their families, then we went up to The Spruces campground where Jeremy's parents had a spot for the holiday. Jeremy's dad, Kevin, owns his own business, and it was their yearly company "party" (there are only 4 employees). Meredith loved the campfire and roasting marshmallows.
Saturday we spent with Jon and May (Jeremy's brother and his wife). May, Meredith, Claire and I went shopping and out to lunch which Jeremy and Jon went hiking up by Solitude. Later, we all went to The Gateway to play in the fountains and eat dinner at Thaifoon. We made the mistake of putting Claire's carseat on an upturned high chair (per the hostess's suggestion). It was a little wobbly, and sure enough, the carseat fell off, with her in it. Don't ever do that! She's totally fine, but it sure got my adrenaline going. May tried to drop hints to the server to see if we could get free food, but Jerermy and I figured if your kid falls off an upside-down high chair, it's no one's fault but your own.
Sunday evening we went back up to the Spruces to relax by the fire. Meredith spent a good amount of time throwing little bits of wood into the fire. She was excited to be "helping". We set up a perimeter for her with blocks of wood to show her how far back she should stand. These pictures make it look like she was a lot closer to the fire than she was, I promise!
Monday evening we grilled with Jon and May, went to Jordan Landing to go to YogurtLand, and then came home to watch the fireworks. Jeremy, Jon, and Meredith walked over to the fields by the elementary school where they had a panoramic view of fireworks all over the valley. I stayed home with a sleepy Claire and May.
4-month-old, brown-eyed Claire is now rolling over. She's getting so big! She is a sweet, angelic baby, and we love her so. Here are some Claire pics:
8 Talk to me!:
Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend with lots of friend and family time (that is the best). We saw Meredith tonight riding her bike like a pro, Camberlyn still has a hard time with her pedals (probably because I don't take her out enough). Maybe seeing Meredith do it will get Cam's motivated.
Wow! I didn't know Meredith could ride a bike...she's so cute! So is Claire. Love them. And yea, Jeremy is a good dad to get all wet and stuff.
Your girls are so adorable and growing so fast. You have some really great pictures of them. Glad you had a fun fourth of July. The mountain get away sounds fabulous! I miss the mountains!
You've been having lots of fun! Love that Jeremy got soaked in the fountains. We love Thaifoon. Yum! Can't believe M is riding a bike so well. Brooklyn's bike is still too big for her, but I'm too cheap to buy her another one. Glad you had a great holiday weekend!
What a wonderful weekend filled with family & friends! Just the way it should be. :)
I love the picture through the haze of smoke. Your kids are adorable, as always.
I'm so glad that she likes the bike! Wow! She is really good on it. I love your pictures.They are so cute.
I really shouldn't have read this post because now it makes me want to move to Utah more than ever! I love the 4th up there.
Post a Comment