Some more random tidbits about our lives:
- Jeremy started a new job this last week. WAHOO!!!! He's been actively looking for a new job since August. We are so blessed that he was able to look for a job while still having a job. He just needed a change, badly. He worked for TecCon for 11 years, pretty much for the entire time I've known him. Over time, he has realized that what he really wants to do is be a Programmer rather than a Systems Engineer. He now works for a company in Pleasant Grove called NetSteps, and he is in love. Today he said: "Here's a weird feeling - I can't wait to go to work tomorrow!" He can't believe he gets paid to write code all day. I'm so thankful that this has happened for him because he was way overworked and stressed at his last job.
- So his second day of work was also the company's annual Christmas party. It was held that evening at the Alpine Country Club, and it was fancy. It was so awkward for both of us, though, because neither one of us knew anyone (he knew a few, obviously, but not many), and I got there late because of traffic, so we only had one choice of table to sit at. Luckily, the people at the table were very nice. The whole room was full of Jeremys, which made me laugh (20 to 30-something computer geeks). We had yummy food, and all the wives got a gift box from Tiffanys. Swanky. The atmosphere was completely different from any TecCon event we've ever attended. I felt like we'd crashed the party, though, because we were such fish out of water!
- Yesterday, my cute cousin, Abi, was married in the Draper temple. It was a really fun day. It was bitter cold up there on the temple hill, though! Luckily, we only had to hang out for 1 picture. Poor Abi and Luke, though! The sealing was beautiful (her grandfather was able to seal them), and the reception was gorgeous. They had their reception at Cactus and Tropicals in Draper. Not the first place I'd think of for a reception, but it was actually quite perfect. Lots of lovely plants and fountains, and it was indoors. I would recommend it to anyone.
- Last night when I went to bed, I realized my entire bedspread smelled like pee. No doubt Meredith got in there somehow when she was naked yesterday and peed on everything. Gross!
- Jeremy recently cleaned out his closet, which has affirmed to me that, after ten and a half years of marriage, I still do not know how to buy clothes for him that suit his taste. I was really sad to see a super cute brown and blue polo hit the DI pile. It still had the tags on it. Do you shop for your husbands' clothes? I give up.
- Meredith loves to pretend she's a dog. She crawls around and "yips". She will play fetch, which is hilarious. If you toss a stuffed animal, she'll bring it back in her mouth. She'll also lick you.
6 Talk to me!:
I love all the little snippets. That's awesome that Jeremy found the perfect computer geek job and that he landed it just in time for the Christmas party. Sounds like lots of fancy fun!
Thanks for the update. So happy for you both about Jeremy's job. You failed to mention what you got from Tiffanys. I can't even imagine that. Marty's job pretty much forgets about wives! I'm sure it's a nice change.
Okay so Hope isn't the only who acts like an animal sometimes. She is a cat though and will rub up against you. Can I just say I HATE cats, I hope I don't accidentally kick her away one of these days! Kids are goofy!
I like the update! yay for the new job! You should move to Utah County now... Highland perhaps? (wink wink!) :) Merideth reminds me of Owen with the being a dog thing, it's pretty much his favorite thing to do, only we don't have a dog, so it's kind of sad... he needs a puppy I think. I see from your baby ticker you're getting close, good luck!
It's been a while since I've caught up on blog reading and I've missed a bunch on yours. I'm so glad Jeremy got a new job. We're still hoping on our end. Yeah for awkward work parties. Don't worry, I'm sure next year you'll be more accustomed to everyone.
I totally feel your pain about shopping for your husband. I will bring something home that I LOVE and he'll think it's OK. But really if you think about it, there aren't a lot of choices for men, so I don't see how they can be that picky.
I have the same problem shopping for Jonny. Pretty much everything I buy him gets worn once and then ends up in the donation pile. I also feel your pain on the pee smell in the bed. I am finding that smell all the time in the wierdest little places as I try to potty train maggie and retrain my two stupid dogs...
Post a Comment