Ya'll, I'm an open book. So I'll just be honest.
I haven't felt like blogging for a while. This is pretty much entirely due to the fact that I'm struggling through some pretty heavy anxiety issues right now. I've had anxiety in the past, but not to this level, or at least that I remember being this bad. When I worked for WGU, I had lots of anxiety issues, but I think it helped that I had a super busy job that distracted me. Distraction is good. And let's be honest: there's a lot of down time as a SAHM to one, so distraction is not on my side right now. I don't get full-on panic attacks, thank goodness, but I get pretty darn anxious sometimes. Mostly in the mornings and early afternoons. Evenings and nights are fine.
I've been to two different doctors and am getting some help from medication. I'm going into my third week of antidepressants (which work on anxiety, too), and I've got some anxiolitics I can take on a temporary basis. Antidepressants can take 4-6 weeks to become fully effective, so I'm sort of biding my time. I've also been to a couple of therapy sessions with LDS Family Services, but they didn't do me as much good as I wanted them to for what they cost. My insurance doesn't cover mental health until I meet my deductible.-
The medications are working, slowly. However, what I'm mostly struggling with is how to control my anxious thoughts. I've been doing a lot of reading and research, and am finding it to be much more difficult than just "singing a hymn". My problem is that I have OCD of the brain. I get an anxious thought, however irrational it may be (and they are always fairly irrational) and I obsess and obsess and obsess. The thought just plays over and over in my head on an endless loop, to the point that I sometimes throw up. . I'm not good yet at stopping that 'recording', but I'm getting there. If anyone has any suggestions, send them my way. I could sure use the help. What works for you in controlling or reigning in your thoughts?
I'm going to be fine. I have lots of life-lines who I've been leaning on throughout the past month. I am grateful to all of you. When I'm on the other side of this anxiety thing, I'll write some more about this whole journey because I have a lot to say. I just don't feel like it quite yet....
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Where I've been....
Scribbled by Kelly at 7:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 Talk to me!:
I'm still here for ya Kelly! I LOVE YOU and pray for ya daily.
I'm so sorry to hear about your struggles. I'm glad you have access to some good help. I wish I had some advice or help to offer but I'm coming up empty handed. Best of luck! I'll keep you in my prayers.
Welcome back. You've been missed. I checked your blog almost daily for something new and today there was something new! Yay!
You're back! :)
I'm sorry you have to go through this right now. I know the recovery to feeling 100% is still in process, but your doing so well and I'm glad you got the help and tools you need to take care of yourself.
Keep it up.
I am so sorry you've been having a hard time. I hope the medication will work and you will be able to feel better soon!
Kelly, I am sorry that you have been struggling. I hope that things work out. You are a wonderful person with so many talents. I also check your blog and have missed your updates. Hang in there!!
I'm so sorry you're going through this right now. I sometimes have anxiety attacks and either handle it badly (lots of crying and laying in bed) or the better way (force myself to get out of the house, go do something, play Mario Kart, anything.) Good luck getting through this!!!
Oh Kelly! I'm glad you're on the road to finding a way to start feeling like yourself. Love you!
I hope it gets better for you!
Hang in there, and feel free to call. Come over anytime!
I'm sorry you're going through such a hard time, but I'm glad you're getting the help you need. It sounds like you've got great friends (and family) to help you get through this, we love you!
I've been thinking about what I could say. All I can think of is that you are not alone. Doug and I both deal with versions of depression and anxiety. We both take meds. I have a counselor that I visit on and off. Hang in, hang on and it will get better.
You looked beautiful at church yesterday by the way.
Post a Comment