I've found recently that I'm so glad I do these posts every month because as I'm digitally scrapping, I have a record of Meredith's monthly milestones and changes. (I never bought a "baby book" because I don't like how formulaic they are.)
She's so mobile! She crawls faster and faster every day. She loves to climb up the stairs and especially loves it when we chase her around a room. I had to run an errand the other day, and while I was gone, Jeremy watched her crawl from the far corner of the living room all the way up two flights of stairs to her crib. We have to watch her on the stairs because if she gets distracted, she'll stop, which can lead to a tumble down.


She loooooves to empty things, namely the DVD cupboard, the game cupboard, drawers, laundry baskets, etc.

She loves her daddy. She has the best dad in the world. They play fun games together, like "Scare Mommy", where he throws her high up in the air, sometimes upside down, or pretends to drop her.
Here's what Meredith is up to at 10 months:
She's so mobile! She crawls faster and faster every day. She loves to climb up the stairs and especially loves it when we chase her around a room. I had to run an errand the other day, and while I was gone, Jeremy watched her crawl from the far corner of the living room all the way up two flights of stairs to her crib. We have to watch her on the stairs because if she gets distracted, she'll stop, which can lead to a tumble down.

She's started to cruise along furniture when she's standing. Just a little bit.


She LOVES water. Her favorite thing to do is to play in the sink or to take a bath. I can barely get her in the bath without clothes/diaper on as she squirms so hard to get in there! Sometimes in the morning when Jeremy turns on the shower, she'll crawl over to the closed bathroom door, stand up, press her full body against the door, and yell to be let in. Water is a surefire distraction/cheerer-upper. If she wakes up cranky from a nap, we can just run her hands under the faucet and all is well. This works well at the ped's office, too. However, a "quick" splash in the sink inevitably becomes a full on bath.
She likes to bang on the toilet like a drum. On that note, I have to constantly remind myself to close the toilet seats. Maybe we should get one of those locks, like on Baby Mama ("There's something wrong with your toilet....")


She now has five teeth.
She still "talks" to the cats and dog and likes to pet them, though not always so gently! We have very tolerant animals around here.

She loves to play with the doors. She swings them open and closed delightedly and gets ticked if she accidentally shuts it all the way. If you're carrying her and you go through a partially opened door, she'll shove it open. She also loves the doorstops.

She loves to play with the doors. She swings them open and closed delightedly and gets ticked if she accidentally shuts it all the way. If you're carrying her and you go through a partially opened door, she'll shove it open. She also loves the doorstops.
She's on her second episode of ear infection/s. She had double ear infections at the end of January, and I had to take her in again yesterday. Her left ear never cleared up, so she's on some nasty antibiotics now.
When she's mad, she doesn't just cry. She "talks", as if she's trying to tell you how frustrated she is. She told Dr. Vierra off yesterday at her ear check. It was hilarious.
She can now "see" those miniscule bits of dirt, food, etc. on the floor and will eat them if we're not careful. I vacuum a lot.


She's eating much better. She still resists purees, but she'll usually eat at least some of what you put in front of her. Still not a lot, but more than she was! We recently discovered that she loves drinkable yogurt, which is nice since she needs it with these nasty antibiotics she's on.
She weighs 18 lbs, 7 oz.


She loves to bang on the dog door to get Apollo's attention when he's outside. She also like to play with his squeaky toys.

She loooooves to empty things, namely the DVD cupboard, the game cupboard, drawers, laundry baskets, etc.

She loves her daddy. She has the best dad in the world. They play fun games together, like "Scare Mommy", where he throws her high up in the air, sometimes upside down, or pretends to drop her.
She almost slept through the night once last week. Then her ear started bothering her. *sigh* Someday....maybe. Maybe not.
(P.S. I am in LOVE with our new camera. Jeremy and I are pretty into photography. We sold our Nikon D40 DSLR and bought the new D90, which is incredible. We also acquired the most awesome little lens, a sweet 50mm f/1.8 prime lens. We still have a lot to learn, but I am thrilled with how our photos are turning out these days. It's fun to have a hobby to share together, especially with such a photogenic subject....)

10 Talk to me!:
I love these pictures, are they with your new camera? I wish I was better at keeping up on the details of her monthly b-days on our blog. I do atleast have a baby calendar I am writing down dates and accomplishments on. I think Meredith is so funny, I love watching her in church. Good luck with the ear troubles.
I'm so glad you do these monthly milestones. I learn so much about her that I did not know already. I forgot to tell you that I was thinking about y'all on Sunday and how she has been in our lives for 10 months! WOW! I miss you and I love you and I think you have the best little family one could want.
I'm in love with your camera too. Those are amazing pictures! Someday when I have money to invest in camera toys I'll have to ask you more about it.
Yet again, those are some awesome pictures!
She is such a cutie!!
Those are awesome pictures! I would love a nice camera, but I want other things too. Dang it!
You can really tell the difference with the lens, huh! I'm glad to see you are liking it. She's a cute little bug! I can't believe she's already close to a year old! Seems like you just had her!
Meredith is hilarious. I love picturing her banging on the bathroom door cause she hears the shower and wants in on the fun :) I have a question about the doggie toys - The line between Maggie's toys and the pugs' is already getting very fuzzy, and I normally don't worry about germs at all, but even I get a little sqeamish thinking about her putting their chew stuff in her mouth. Do you wash all the toys, or just not worry about it?
Wow! 10 months already??? Love the photos and the lens. The 50mm is next on my list. Might be a while though. :0)
I was just about to ask if you got a new camera, those pictures are adorable. I can't believe she's already starting to walk along furniture, she's getting too big too fast!
Post a Comment