Sunday, May 25, 2008

Dirty trick

My husband thinks he's funny. 99.9% of the time, I think so, too! But this post is in retaliation to a dirty trick he played on me this morning.

I had fed Meredith and she was fast asleep, swaddled all safe and sound. I layed her on the bed and went downstairs to eat some breakfast before church. Meanwhile, Jeremy was in the bathroom getting ready. I finished breakfast and came back upstairs to check on the baby. I looked on the bed for Meredith, but she wasn't there! She was on the floor at the foot of the bed, below where I had laid her down! I started to get all panicky - she was still fast asleep, and my brain was trying to process how 1.) she could have rolled that far when she doesn't even roll yet and 2.) how she could have fallen off the bed and still be sleeping so contently! I picked her up, checked that she was fine, and asked Jeremy if he'd heard anything. Turns out, he'd heard me coming up the stairs and had placed her on the floor to tease me.

NOT FUNNY!

2 Talk to me!:

The Mom said...

That is just mean! Kick him good for me! And I wish I would have seen you at church. I want to see Meredith in person, but I always have to rush to Primary. Come by sometime and let me hold her. I can lead and hold a baby at the same time. I have done it!

Jessica said...

So not funny! But watch out, when they start to roll, they will roll off the bed even if they are in the middle of a King size. :)