Yesterday I made my friend Dee Ann's famous Mango Papaya Salsa. It's yummy! I'll post the recipe below. It calls for half a red onion, which is all fine and good, except my fingers STILL smell like onions! And with my pregnancy induced hyper sense of smell, it is driving me crazy! How do you get rid of onion fingers? Blech!
Mango Papaya Salsa
1 mango, chopped
1 papaya, chopped
2 Tab of cilantro, chopped
1/2 a red onion, chopped
1/2 a red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 an ancho chile (or jalapeno)
juice of 1 lime
2 Tab sugar (I think this might be too much)
1 Tab rice vinegar
salt and pepper
Mix together and enjoy! Yummy. But as Jeremy put it, "This isn't salsa. This is fruit!"
Friday, November 16, 2007
Onions
Scribbled by Kelly at 7:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 Talk to me!:
I hate onion fingers! Try scrubbing them with lemon juice. It should help at least. I'll have to try out your recipe. Looks yummy!
I am so happy to have found your blog!! Congrats on the soon to be newest Lundy :) I am very happy for you.
Love, Tanya
Post a Comment