So I think I might be slowly entering the phase of needing maternity clothes, but I'm not sure yet. Mostly, everything is loose on me as I have been losing a bit of weight (a welcome side-effect of morning sickness). However, I can't stand to have anything remotely tight on my stomach. Don't really know why...it's just really sensitive. I don't want to invest in a ton of new clothes just yet, so instead I bought a Bella Band online. Wonderful invention! It's a band of knit fabric that you wear over unbottoned pants and skirts. No more rubber band trick! It looks just like a layered long T-shirt. I love it! We'll see how long I can make it last. I would recommend it to anyone.
Dare I say it, I think the morning sickness might be abating, even if just a little bit. I haven't thrown up for a few days in a row (thought you might like to know), and I take that as a good sign. I'm also sleeping better (deeper), which is welcome. I still have ZERO appetite (mostly, food is a disgusting annoyance), but I feel somewhat less nauseated. I really, really hope it's not a fluke and that I won't be knocking on wood come tomorrow or Sunday morning. I don't feel "good" too much, but I do feel "better". Something really weird that I've noticed: I feel the worst when the sun is out. When it is cloudy and overcast, I feel better. Nights are the best. Why is that?
We toured the new hospital, Intermountain Medical Center, last weekend. We went just to see the new Women's Center, which is swanky, but also toured much of the hospital. It's HUGE! We had to take a shuttle bus to see it all (plus it was raining and cold). Every single room in the ER is private, which I thought was neat, not that I ever want to have to go there...The Women and Newborn Center is really nice. It's weird to think I'll be there delivering a baby next year. The labor and delivery rooms are very spacious and designed for family to be on one side and medical staff on the other. Not all the rooms were open, and I didn't really see any big birthing tubs, which was a little disappointing. Maybe I just didn't look hard enough. At this point in my pregnancy, I want to go natural for the sake of the baby and wanting as few interventions as possible, but I do sort of want an "aquadural" (to labor in the water). Again, we'll see. I've never done this before!!!! I've always hated not knowing what to expect...
4 Talk to me!:
Kelly, I am so glad you have a blog, I was nosey-ing around and found it, and I am so happy I am one of your links- cuz I will add you to mine :) I have lots to comment on :) Morning sickness- yes it is absolultly horrible, yuck yuck yuck- it is the only thing making me not want to have lots of kids. Years later you will eat a saltine or smell the deodarant you wore when you were prego and you will feel a wave of nausea. I am so so sorry. I hope it doesn't last long. - Oh I love that first little heartbeat it is such a awesome feeling to know that something really is in there.- I am so glad you love your midwife, I felt the same about mine too- but I did not go naturally- I am a chicken. Where is this new hospital? Is it in Riverton area? I thought I drove by a new one last time I was up there.
I'm so glad you're starting to feel better. It's good to remember that someday you will feel normal again. Wow, that hospital looks pretty fancy. You are very brave to consider going natural. For my first three babies I thought "maybe I'll try going natural" but then when things got going I always chickend out. With my fourth I did't even kid myself. I asked for the epidural (sp?) up front. I had a midwife with my first two also and loved them. I'm glad you're liking them too.
p.s. I meant to tell you that I like your virtual baby that you have growing on your blog. That's great. I also like the new look of your blog. Very nice!
I'm so glad you're starting to feel better, yea! I'm definately going to have to try that Bella Band next time I'm prego, what a great alternative to the good old rubber band! I also love the hospital. I know I'm a minority when I say this, but I really like the hospital experience, yes I'm weird. I would get so excited just driving by a hospital when I was pregnant and couldn't wait to be there delivering my own baby.
Post a Comment