Okay, Jamie, you win! Here's our blog, as puny and boring as it might start out to be. :) I'm sure it will get a little more interesting as time goes on. Jeremy and I lead simple, quiet lives, and I'm new to the composition of blogs (though I'm a "lurker" on many a friend's page, whether they know it or not). Not sure I know how to be entertaining in my posting, but I'll work on it!
So, the cat's pretty much out of the bag, I think. I've stopped paying attention to who knows we're pregnant, so it might as well be published. We're pregnant! As of today, I'm 10w3d pregnant, and I'm feeling every moment of it. I quit my stressful job at WGU at the very beginning of July, and promptly became pregnant a few weeks later. See what effect stress, or the lack thereof, can have on your life?
My first appointment with my CNM is next week (though the office staff probably feels like they know me already as many times as I've called over there), and I'm excited and nervous. Hopefully, meeting with a medical professional is what's going to solidify this whole thing for me. In spite of the fact that I throw up every morning (it's as regular as brushing my teeth) and have zero energy, it's easy to forget there's a reason for it all! No, I do not have the stomach flu, and I am not dying (I have to remind myself of the latter almost every day)!
I found out I was pregnant really early on in this whole process. I could just tell that something was different about me, though I hadn't yet missed a period. On whim, I picked up a pregnancy test at the store (one of the boxes with the "free" extra test inside), went home, and took them both. Both were positive! I didn't believe it, at all, so naturally I went back to the store and bought several more boxes (I had to try out the different brands!). Also, naturally, as is my luck, because each box had a security tag on it and as I had gone through the "self checkout" lane, when I tried to leave the store, I triggered the alarm. And I was trying to be so discreet... The store at which I was shopping is right by our neighborhood, and I was certain the whole ward would be grocery shopping that night, so I was terrified that someone I knew would walk by as the clerk was verifying my receipt. Luck smiled on me, and I made it home relatively unscathed and proceeded to take the rest of the tests, one right after the other. All were positive, of course (it's easier to get a false negative than a false positive, ha ha ha).
I should have relished those really early days more than I did! Soon, too soon, all the wonders of early pregnancy started to manifest themselves, most especially the most powerful "wonder" of them all, morning sickness. Oh boy, was I ever unprepared for this! It started out as a dramatic loss of appetite and has progressed into morning vomiting and all-day nausea. It's hard, and I hate it, but I take great comfort in knowing that it is a good sign, that it means things are developing normally and my pregnancy hormones are raging. I just pray that it will taper off (or better yet, disappear suddenly and completely) at the start of my second trimester, which is in two weeks.
My mom told me that I should try and think about what I am learning from this morning sickness experience. Here's what I have come up with. I hope I'm not grossing anyone out!
1.) Watermelon should be a year-round fruit. It's one of the easiest foods to force down, but not when it costs $6 or more!
2.) If you didn't suffer from morning sickness, you should LIE and say you did when someone who is sick asks you about it.
3.) It is possible to form a close relationship with your kitchen sink.
4.) I will never drink ginger ale or orange juice or eat Ritz crackers when this is over.
5.) It's okay to eat peppermint after peppermint in sacrament meeting. So what if they are individually wrapped and noisy to open!
6.) Sometimes leaving the house takes a HUGE leap of faith.
7.) Just do it. (I won't explain this one.)
Until next post.......
Friday, September 21, 2007
Beginnings
Scribbled by Kelly at 7:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 Talk to me!:
Post a Comment